Saturday, November 19, 2016

Jack Daniel's Whiskey Marinated Flank Steak





Yum

It's almost Turkey time and I've just finished planning my menu. 

I know, I'm a little slow.  I'm not usually this way (honest!) but with our recent tropical vacation, time just got away from me and before you new it Thanksgiving was 2 weeks away.



I always plan a new tablescape for the big day.  It was so much fun shopping for new pieces to change up my table this year.  I'll share that with you in my next post.  With the table all set then came the food planning.  Oh boy, for whatever reason this was a tough one this year.  I always make our traditional family favorites but try to add 1 or 2 new side dishes.  I was looking at the menu and saw that everything is starchy or carbs.  Time for something green.  Well, I finally settled on 2 new dishes that I think will be outstanding.  I'm glad that part is done!  Phew...I was getting anxious there for a minute (which is something that we should NOT be doing!).  But, with some needed research this morning I knocked out the menu, made my grocery list, and even planned some new "after" Thanksgiving recipes to make this year.



Today, however, I thought I'd mix it up.  When all of us are thinking turkey, turkey, turkey, how about some beef?  Maybe an easy Jack Daniels Whiskey Marinated Flank Steak?  Oh yes, it sounds good, tastes wonderful, and is easy to make.  We need that now before the marathon cooking starts!

Jack Daniels Whiskey Marinated Flank Steak

You have to try this marinade.  Like now. 



It gives your beef the best flavor!  Dare I say it makes it beefier?  Well it sure seems that way.  There's nothing better than a grilled steak with a side of potatoes.  I cooked a wonderful flank steak, but this marinade will work on whatever your favorite cut of beef is.  The hardest part is waiting for the meat to finish marinating, (about 2 hours) then it's a quick grill, slice and your done!  Boy, my mouth is watering just re-living the flavors of this steak.  With added whiskey, apple juice, Worcestershire sauce for that added umph...and a little hot sauce, WOW!



This is great for dinner with potatoes and a salad.  It's also great turned into sandwiches the next day.  Any way you slice it this Jack Daniels Whiskey Marinated Flank Steak is worth making.

Enjoy!







Jack Daniel's Whiskey Marinated Flank Steak


Servings 4-6                                  

3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups apple juice
1/4 cup whiskey (optional)
1 T whole grain mustard
1 T olive oil
2 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
1flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)

In a ziploc bag add all the ingredients except the steak.  Stir until mixed thoroughly.  Add the steak, seal and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Remove the steak from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium high heat, or an indoor grill pan. If using the outdoor grill oil the grates with olive oil.

Remove steak from the marinade. Discard the marinade. Add the steak to the grill and cook about 4 minutes on each side until desired doneness. Remove steak to a cutting board and allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Slice steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.  Serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...