Sunday, December 20, 2015

Honey and Graham Snack Mix


Every evening when MGG comes home he immediately starts snacking.

He looks around the kitchen for little bites of something, not really anything in particular to snack on.  It could be some crackers, a piece of chocolate, or some hummus.  Really anything.

They guy has no control when it comes to snacking.  I'll go in the other room and come back and find he's eaten a LOT of something.  This has been a problem that I've had to tackle for quite some time.  On top of the fact that he doesn't seem to gain weight (I hate that!) with all this eating it does force me to be creative by keeping healthful snacks around. Grapes are always good.  However, sometimes you just want a little sweet/salty something.


This led me to make on of our favorite snack mixes.  I make a big batch of this cereal based mix and keep it in a big storage container for easy grabbing, cause I know when he walks through that door all bets are off and the snacking is on!

Cereal is a really good choice for snacking.  I'm sure you do it too.  This particular mix has a couple of our favorites. Fiber One makes a great Honey Clusters which provides you with extra fiber.  The Golden Grahams is more savory and blends well. I added a sweet salty nut and some raisins this time around.  Dried cranberries are another favorite to substitute for the raisins.  Make it your own.  It's all good.

So I feel better now that his snacking is a little healthier than before.  No cooking involved with this one, which is a plus!  


We both enjoy this cereal type "trail mix".  I'm sure you will enjoy it too!

Happy snacking!



Honey and Graham Snack Mix

serves 16

3 cups Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal
3 cups Golden Graham cereal
1 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
3/4 golden raisins
additional options:  dried cranberries, mini chocolate chips, raisins, dried cherries, yogurt chips, M&Ms, yogurt covered raisins.

In large bowl mix ingredients.  Store tightly covered in a plastic container or storage bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...