Friday, September 25, 2015

S'Mores Brownies


It's September already...almost over in fact.

Where does the time fly?

I was thinking over the weekend that we didn't get to go camping this summer like we wanted to. One thing or another kept coming up and before you know it...it's September...already.

I grew up camping...or more like RVing...but I have such great memories of those times with my parents.  So many stories and adventures I could tell you.  But there's nothing like roasting marshmallows around the campfire.  I just LOVE marshmallows.  So naturally S'mores are high up on my list. I mean hello? chocolate, marshmallows, and sweet graham crackers...who doesn't love that ooey gooey deliciousness!

Well since we didn't go camping I'm going to bring the camping food to me.  In the form of a S'mores Brownie that is!



Today's recipe is simple.  Now you can get all fancy and make homemade brownie if you see fit, but a good boxed mix will do you in a pinch for this one.  I like my brownies thick so I always use and 8x8 inch pan to bake them in, so that's what I used today.




How is this S'mores you ask?  Well the bottom is graham crackers, with the brownie mixed poured on top and baked. (Yea, baked onto the graham cracker, wow!) Then you load on the marshmallows as a topping and broil it to get that roasted toasty top! OH YEA...they are GOOD!



Easy to make, and the kids will love them.  They'll keep for a while.  We actually snacked on them most of the week. So I brought my camping food to the house.  I'm so glad I did!   But be warned....you made need to control yourself from compulsively shoving them in your mouth.



Oh, and enjoy!



S'Mores Brownies

makes  9 squares

5-6 graham cracker squares, divided
1 box of your favorite Brownie Mix (or homemade mix)
(eggs, oil etc...ingredients listed on box to make brownies)
1 1/4 cups of miniature marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 8x8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil that extends up over two sides.  Coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place 7 or so graham crackers in the pan.  Breaking squares to cover completely.  

Mix the ingredients for the boxed brownie mix in a large bowl. Pour batter over the graham crackers in the pan.  Bake according to box directions for an 8x8 inch pan or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out pretty clean.  You don't want to over bake.

Turn  your oven on broil.

Sprinkle the marshmallow over the top.  Broil until puffy and golden brown.  About 1 min.  Cool and remove from the pan by lifting the end of the foil from the pan before cutting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...