Sunday, May 31, 2015

California Chicken Salad


I live in the land of "fruits and nuts".  

California has been called that for years.  I'm sure that they are referring to this figuratively however, I literally live in the land of "fruits and nuts".

Farms are everywhere, producing some of the best fruits and yes, some tasty nuts too!  

Today's dish is all about fruits and nuts.  I took a southern staple, Chicken Salad, and changed it up a bit to make it more "California" style.  Truth be told, the pecans I used (my favorite nut) are not from California, but who's counting? Not me. 

This chicken salad is simple to make, reduced in calories, and oh so tasty!  We shared this for lunch over the weekend with some friends.  I served it in a lettuce lined cup with some crackers, a fruit salad, some pita, and don't forget the iced tea. The perfect meal to have sitting poolside, enjoying the nice weather. 



Everyone raved about the flavors, so this was a big hit.

Equally delicious as a sandwich or in a pita pocket.  You are sure to enjoy this for years to come.

Hope you make this soon.  It's perfect for summer!



California Chicken Salad

serves 4


1/2 c light mayonnaise 
1/2 c sour cream 
1 Tbls lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb cooked chicken breasts, chopped 
2 c red and green seedless grapes, cut in half 
1 c chopped pecans 
Lettuce leaves 

In a large bowl add mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt & pepper.  Stir to combine.  Add chicken and grapes, folding to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Stir in pecans just before serving. 

Serve in dessert glasses lined with lettuce leaves.


1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to try adding grapes to my salads, but always chickened out (no pun intended) last second. It is definitely on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...