Saturday, January 3, 2015

Off to a Healthy Start: Soups and Salads





It's a New Year and I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store!  Many of us have resolutions to eat healthier at the start of a new year.  I've been doing that for several years now and think I've done a pretty good job of making changes, but it's always a work in progress.  Those pesky chocolate bars seems to just always be around when I get a chocolate craving!  How does that happen?!

Since eating healthy is on our minds, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite soups and salads that I've posted throughout the years.  Now, some of them may not be considered "diet" salads, but hey they're salads, and everything in moderation right?  The soups, well they are all just wonderful.  So if you don't go eating a whole bunch of crusty bread with them, which being a professed carboholic, I have done, these will all help you along with your healthy eating.

I hope you find a wonderful salad or soup to make today.
Happy New Year!



Winter Slaw - A new favorite of mine, and a great salad by Ina Garten.



Caribbean Chicken Salad - Oh actually, I think this is my favorite from this list!  I love all the fruit and chicken. You will too!



Artichoke and White Bean Salad - A very popular salad made with easy ingredients.





Asparagus Tabbouleh with Prosciutto - A more complex salad, but don't you just love tabbouleh?



Edamame and Orange Salad - oh this one is just perfect using ripe winter oranges. Love it!



















Now for the soups....



Easy Minestrone - This soup warms my heart.  I love the Italian flavors.



Italian Chicken and Bean Soup - Another Italian flavored soup with hearty chicken and beans. Yum?




Turkey and Wild Rice Soup - This is perfect with leftover turkey, but you can substitute chicken as well.



Chicken Enchiladas Soup - Love this soup!  This is a great slow cooker soup and the flavors really pop.  This is one of the easiest soups to make.



Chicken Ditalini Soup - Last but not least a perfect chicken soup with pasta.  Comfort food to say the least!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...