Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Apple Raisin Muffins


One of my friends had a baby in mid-January.  Her first baby, and a it's a beautiful little girl!  So this past Mother's Day was a special one for her as this baby has been a long time in coming.  

Being about 4 months old now she doesn't get much time to cook elaborate meals often grabbing and eating when she can.  So I thought I would come over and surprise her with a wonderful breakfast.  Eggs, and bacon, some fresh fruit, and some wonderful homemade muffins.


Today I wanted to share with you the muffin recipe.  This muffin has two of my favorite fruits inside.  Apples which I just love, love, love.  I eat them almost daily and always have them around to snack on or put in salads, cakes, muffins...you get the picture.  The other fruit is raisins.  I grew loving raisins as snacks.  I loved them in my cinnamon rolls, and would just eat them out of that little box mom would pack for me in my lunch. Remember those?  So I threw in some raisins in the muffins and they go great with the cinnamon and apples.

These are wonderful moist muffins that will lift your morning.


The breakfast was a complete success and so appreciated and enjoyable, but the muffins were truly a hit!

Enjoy!


Raisin Apple Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
1/4 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Add the egg, milk and oil and mix all ingredients just until combined.  Fold in the apple and raisins.

Coat muffin cups with cooking spray and fill about 3/4 of the way with batter using a ice cream scoop.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.  Serve warm.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...