Sunday, April 13, 2014

Caribbean Chicken Salad


I'm in a tropical mood.  Leftover blues from Hawaii I'd say...

The other day I went to Chili's for lunch to pick up a salad. Chili's has great salads and a good variety to choose from. One salad I've been eating there for years is the Caribbean Chicken Salad.  Boy, do I love this salad!

Being in the tropical mood, I was quick to order the salad which has pineapple and mandarin oranges and this sweet dressing.  I think a salad is the winner!


It appears I can't get enough of it because I wanted to recreate it at home.  So off to the store I went. I've got fresh pineapple some wonderful lettuce some spicy red bell pepper, and the rest are pretty much staples I had at home. This salad is very easy to put together especially if you have leftover chicken.  As you know I usually make extra chicken and at this time I had some shredded chicken that I had roasted which was calling my name.

This is my version of Chili's Caribbean Chicken Salad.  They use a honey lime vinaigrette and I substituted a honey mustard vinaigrette which is very similar. The rest is pretty much spot on to their salad and boy was it the bomb!


I hope you enjoy the salad as much as we did. Try it for a weeknight meal this spring!

Caribbean Chicken Salad

serves 4

4 cups romaine lettuce, torn
2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup pineapple, chopped
1 small 4 oz can of mandarin oranges
1/3 c dried cranberries
1/4 c pecans, chopped
honey mustard dressing

Place lettuce in a large bowl.  Add chicken, bell pepper, pineapple, mandarin oranges, cranberries, and pecans. Toss together.  Drizzle with honey mustard dressing and toss to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...