Thursday, December 5, 2013

Eggnog Muffins

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

I just love that song don't you?  It is a such a beautiful seasonal song.

Not likely that it is going to snow anytime soon in Los Angeles, but a girl can dream can't she?




This time of year screams holidays and holidays scream winter food.  Like eggnog.  We have eggnog every year cause MGG loves, loves, loves it!  Me...ehhh.  It's okay and I'll have a glass here and there but it's not on my top 10 list of holiday treats, like say....FUDGE!

But we do enjoy some and I enjoy using the leftovers even more.  Last year I brought you Eggnog Waffles which are spectacular!  This year I used my leftover eggnog to flavor up some wonderful Eggnog Muffins.  You know how I love my muffins!  I have tons and tons of recipes out there for you.  



But...these Eggnog Muffins are special.  They are spiced just right with a moist and fluffy inside and a sweet crunchy outside!  I really can't think of a better use for eggnog.  I'm sure that MGG can, but for now, these are at the top of my list!

Enjoy the season!


Eggnog Muffins

makes 6 muffins

2 T melted butter
3 T splenda bake sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup plus 2 T lite eggnog
Topping
Splenda brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 6 serving muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium bowl add butter and sugar and mix well until fluffy. Add the egg and blend. Add the baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla, flour and eggnog. Mix until just incorporated. Batter will be a little thick.

Scoop the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top of each muffin.

Bake 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the pan and then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Yum... muffins are one of my favorites and I love the ingredient of eggnog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...