Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blackberry Pomegranate Smoothie


Oh how I miss my smoothies. 

I haven't had a decent one since late summer.  It's about time for one don't you think?  So off to the market I went in search of some fresh fruit that I could use.  Craving berries I found some fresh blackberries and proceeded to the check out pronto.  I was going to make a Blackberry Pomegranate Smoothie.


I often keep some Pomegranate juice in the frig and this would be a great substitution for the milk.  The rest is pretty much the same.  I typically follow the same formula in my smoothies.  Since I like them creamy I add yogurt and bananas, and ice to give it that frozen feel.  Yum!

Try this, you'll love the flavors.  Plus it's healthy for you and a great breakfast item, or for a snack.  It's the new year, time to start some new healthy habits, and juices and smoothies fit right in.



Blackberry Pomegranate Smoothie

Serves 2

1 container of lite vanilla yogurt
1 small or 1/2 of a medium banana
1/3 c. pomegranate juice
8-10 blackberries
1 cup of ice cubes

Put all ingredients in order of recipe in the blender.  Turn on and whirl until all fruit is blended and ice is crushed.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...