Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cherry Berry Smoothie



You know how I love my summer fruit right?


Well I just got back from Sprouts, which is a store with a farmer's market concept.  The primary items are fruits and vegetables.  They also have a great bulk item section, and many organic foods, if you like that too.  I go for the great selection of fruits and veggies at such great, great low prices!  Make sure to try them out if you have one in your area.  Definitely worth going!


So I bought a car load of fruits.  I'm always doing that.  It's my weakness and I can't help it!  So I have to eat a LOT of fruit every day so it doesn't spoil.  This week I bought grapes, cherries, apples, watermelon, cantaloupe, plums, strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.  See what I mean???


I really can't help myself....


So I woke up and decided to make one of my favorite drinks...a smoothie!  I've posted many many smoothies recipes before, but I think I might just say this is one of the best, if not THE BEST.  I'm torn...


This is a Cherry Berry Smoothie.  I started off with adding some berries, (blue and black) and then came the cherries, and I threw in some green grapes just for good measure!  Oh,  I got to use my handy cherry pitter...love that gadget!  It just pops the pits out! Simple!!  What is your favorite gadget??


Back to the smoothie.  It's sweet all on it's own so sugar or nectar isn't necessary.  And I forgot the banana, but it was loaded with fruit it came out thick and creamy anyway!  So try this. You'll see, it delishhhhh!


Just look at this color...purple is my favorite...who wouldn't love this!










Cherry Berry Smoothie

Serves 1

1 10oz container of lite vanilla yogurt
8 blackberries
10 blueberries
7 pitted cherries
5 green grapes
¼ c 2% milk
1 cup of ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender in order listed and then blend until smooth and ice is crushed.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...