Thursday, May 17, 2012

Asian Chicken Salad







The other day for lunch we went to a nice little place that serves rotisserie chicken, salad, and wraps.  While waiting to order I spotted a Chinese Chicken Salad on the menu.  Wow! I haven't had one of those in years.  I'm not sure why either.  I mean, I love them, especially the nice sweet dressing that just adds that zip.  


So, I decided to order it, and it was really good.  I mean, really good, and it brought back all the memories of why I used to eat it often.  The sweet, the crunch, the soft roasted chicken.  Yum!


So I got to thinking "why don't I ever make this at home?".  It's easy....


So if you recall, the other day when I was making the Cajun Chicken Pasta I grilled an extra, plain, chicken breast. 



I saved it with this dish in mind.  Planning ahead made this dish come together in a snap!  We had this for dinner and I served it with some rustic bread.  Perfect!  






Hope you enjoy my version of an Asian Chicken Salad.  Next time I'm going to add some mandarin oranges.  I didn't have any on hand this time, but they would be great in this salad.






Enjoy a healthy dinner!


Asian Chicken Salad

serves 2

1 precooked boneless skinless chicken breast half 
1/4 c chinese chicken salad dressing
2 c mixed salad greens
1/2 c snow peas, sliced diagonally 

1 carrot, cut into match like sticks or shredded
2 T. roasted cashews

fried wonton strips (optional)


Slice chicken into bites size slices.  Divide lettuce among two plates.  Top with  snow peas, carrots, and nuts.  Drizzle with dressing.  Top with fried wonton strips if desired.
  

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Chinese Chicken Salad isn't something I think to make. But I don't know why! Love the planning ahead that you did, making the extra chicken. Totally my style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm - lovely flavors and a perfect dinner!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...