Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hollywood and a Birthday

My birthday was two days ago.  

Another year full of new experiences, expanding my horizons, and growth in many areas.  It's funny that the older you get the more you find out you didn't know..but thought you did.  Experience is a main key to knowledge and wisdom!  Can't wait for the experiences the year ahead holds.

This year I was surprised with an outing in Hollywood.  It's always fun to go to Hollywood.  The vibe is electrical and filled with excitement.  



We arrived at the shopping area of Hollywood & Highland.  First thing we noticed pulling in the structure is a Wolfgang Puck Catering Truck starting to unload.  I thought, "Some sort of event is happening".  Next thing we knew the shopping area was closed to a 'private party" and we were being ushered through back hallways behind the Kodak theatre out to the street. Something was definitely happening.  Red carpets were being rolled out everywhere, up steps, down the side walk.  The street was a buzz with people preparing for a major event.  Exciting!





We were headed across the street to the El Capitan theatre to take in Disney's new movie, Chimpanzee, for Earth Day...which falls right before my birthday.  It was a wonderful movie, funny and family friendly.  Make sure to take your children to this one...they will love you for it!  It's really cute.



When we got out of the movie, chaos was happening on the side walk.  They had closed Hollywood Blvd. down to the cars and forced all the walking traffics, tourists abound, to our side of the street.  It was single file for blocks.  Felt like I was at Disneyland!  So we quickly changed our plans to eat dinner elsewhere to escape the crowd and headed out of the area for a nice romantic dinner.

The best part though?  The flowers and cake I got for my birthday.  Look at these tulips!  Gorgeous!  I love tulips!!  These are a beautiful coral color with yellow tips.  Just perfect!



And then there is tradition.  The cake.  Not a homemade cake. Not for me.  I love them, but ever since I was young, like really young, I've had a Carvel Ice Cream Cake for my birthday.  So that's what I got this year too!  I just love them.  I would say I'm an ice cream addict.  Wonder if there is a program for that??  Does anyone else have this problem with ice cream?

The cake is two layers, chocolate and vanilla, divided by an oreo cookie crumb in the middle.  It's just always been my favorite.  It keeps me young...or I like to think so!  


Tell me how you like to celebrate your birthday.  I'd love to know.


So on to another year full of exciting experiences!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had a nice time celebrating. Your tulips are so cheerful!
    My favorite cake is a white cake/cookies n cream ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. I have one every year :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...