Sunday, April 1, 2012

Basic Pizza Sauce







I just brought you a No Rise Pizza Dough.  I hope you try it and tell me what you think of it. 


But what is pizza without a great sauce?  


So today's post is all about the sauce.   This is a short post, but well worth it, as this is a killer sauce!   This recipe is for a basic tomato pizza sauce.  I've been using this sauce for many many years.  It's my go-to sauce.  It's easy to make and has a good flavor base.  Feel free to add different herbs and spices to it, making numerous variations.  We like to add garlic and red pepper flakes to zip it up a little on occasion.  


Oh and did I mention, it freezes so well!


Hope you enjoy this sauce.






Basic Pizza Sauce


2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and quartered
1 c tomato sauce
1/4 c tomato paste
3/4 t oregano
3/4 t basil
1 t sugar


Place all ingredients in a food processor or a blender and mix until desired consistency is reached.  


Makes 2 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...