Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pantry Staples Checklist

pantry




At the beginning of each year I try to organize my pantry, taking stock of all my items. (I really, really try!)  Bringing the old items to the front so I utilize those items first, cleaning shelves, getting rid of anything that looks suspicious, etc.  Let's just say it now...this is not my pantry above.  I could only dream of a large open space, organized and all pretty like this one.  This is something to aspire to...


One thing I found through my cooking last year is that you really need to have a good variety of staples on hand to make a quick meal.  Also, if you do any pantry shopping (where you make meals from what you have on hand instead of buy new ingredients) then you need variety, and staples that are multi-purpose.  


So I made this handy dandy check list to assist in taking stock of your pantry staples.  It's also a great list to use when going grocery shopping!  These are the items that I use most often, and try to always keep on hand.  You can adjust your list or add new items as you like.  I've also included a word document below that you can copy and save...that way you can adjust to your liking!  


PANTRY STAPLES CHECKLIST
Canned Foods :
Baking:
Dairy:

diced tomatoes

flour

milk

tomato sauce

baking soda

cream

tomato paste

baking powder

butter

black beans

salt

cheese

pinto beans

Sugar/Splenda

eggs

cannellini beans

Brown sugar/Splenda

yogurt

green beans

Powdered sugar

cream cheese

corn

cornstarch

sour cream

Broth, chicken and beef

cream of tartar


stewed tomatoes

yeast


green chilies

oats
Grains/Breads:

enchilada sauce

Corn meal

Pasta


Nuts

Tortillas
Spices/herbs:

Chocolate Chips

Brown rice

Chili powder

Vanilla extract

Wild rice

Cumin

Dried fruit

Couscous

Taco seasoning

Honey

Quiona

Parsley

Maple syrup

Bread crumbs

Oregano

agave syrup


Garlic powder

Olive oil


Thyme

Canola oil


Black pepper

Cocoa



I hope you get some great use of this.  It's just one of the great ways to organize your kitchen.  

Enjoy!!

Printable copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...