Saturday, December 25, 2010

Welcome to a little "Slice of Southern" - Reindeer Nibbles


Welcome to my blog! 


I'm eager to post delicious and easy recipes for you to try and enjoy!  Both my parents were born in Oklahoma and migrated to California, so my cooking includes a little California style and a "Slice of Southern"!



I figured what better time than the holidays to create my first post.  I love the holiday time and making yummy treats for all my friends, co-workers, and neighbors satisfies my craving for cooking.  I hope to post several of the delights I made this season so you can have a variety of items to choose from.



Here is the first:



This is a great recipe that can be adapted to suit your individual tastes.  It's a wonderful snack and makes enough to give away as a gift wrapped in a pretty jar, or to serve at a large party or potluck.





Reindeer Nibbles



4 cups oat bran cereal
1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup honey
1 stick of butter, melted1 cup raisins
Parchment paper



Preheat your oven to 250°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.  Cook honey and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat melted and mixture is blended and smooth (about 5 minutes).
Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture, stirring to coat. Line a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.  Spread mixture in a single layer on the parchment paper.
Bake at 250° for 55 minutes, stirring once every 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in raisins, and bake 5 more minutes. Cool 20 minutes. This can be stored in an airtight container up to 1 week.
TIP:  Feel free to mix up the spice...use all spice, pumpkin pie spice, or apple pie spice instead.  Also, change up the nuts, and the dried fruit to your liking.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi,Beth! So glad to "meet" ya! I am turning into a real Southern girl and loving it. Look forward to your yummy southern inspired recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...